Thursday, April 15, 2010

#8 iGoogle

I have a brand new iGoogle homepage and I love it. I had kind of figured out iGoogle when I first set up my google account, but making the time to really explore it tonight was fun.

I've added lots of gadgets - the most important one at this moment being the weather for Hong Kong! I'm going there next week and it is very handy to know what the weather is doing.

I used to have hotmail as my homepage. I now have iGoogle, and I have added hotmail as a gadget so I can automatically see if I have any new emails.

I also have added, among others, GoogleDocs, Facebook, currency converter, a cool game, and Flickr (I'm looking forward to learning about Flickr soon and am sure I want it on my homepage...)

As for adding something that will be useful to my job... well apart from Google Books, I can't see myself using this for work very much. Oh, unless I'm at work and need to remind myself of any birthdays coming up, in which case I will be able to use the Birthday Reminder! Handy indeed :-)

By the way in my next life I am coming back as a Google employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment