It was interesting to see how schools and libraries have been using Wikis. I already have 3 ideas if I decide to create my own wikis.
1. I could use my friends as guinea pigs while I test my wiki abilities. We are organising a group holiday overseas, and this could be a great way to add information and keep each other informed of where we are up to in the planning. It would also be a great way to experiment, and see how interesting I can make the wiki.
2. Teachers could have an Inquiry Unit wiki. In our curriculum we need to cover certain topics (or SOSE units, inquiry units, whatever you like to call it). We could set up a wiki for teachers to add information, ideas, hints, tips, feedback etc. This could be useful in the short term when a number of teachers on the same year level are all teaching the same unit. And it would be handy in the long term when the same unit is taught the following year. We could build up a database of ideas.
3. Our 5/6 classes are about to start a "book club" as a way of sharing information. A wiki would be a wonderful way to incorporate Web 2.0 into the program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fantastic! It's awesome when someone really thinks laterally and applies these ideas to their lives. I hope you do them all;)
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Felicity
So do I! Hope that I do them all I mean. It's why I did this course in the first place, so I know how to really take advantage of all these mysterious Web 2.0 things :-)
ReplyDelete