This is one activity I found quite frustrating. I checked out Podcastalley and Mypodcast. Although they do have general categories, it was hard to scroll through the hundreds of titles trying to find something of interest. I did listen to quite a few, but found nothing I'd be interested in subscribing to.
I almost subscribed to a Learning French podcast - I thought that might be interesting! However the ones I found weren't quite what I wanted - too hard, too American, one had a strong Irish accent hard to understand!
Then I tried to find the Hamish and Andy podcast. The one I found wouldn't work. So I ended up googling it, and ended up in a whole tangle of pages. I finally found the RSS link, but so far it hasn't appeared on my Google Reader. I give up!
The other category I looked at was a K-12 category in Education. Useless. I got bored of listening to them when the description wasn't quite enough.
So I guess I won't just be browsing through podcast directories just for something to do. But if I hear of something that would particularly interest me, then I THINK I could figure out how to subscribe to it. Maybe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha, sounds like quite the adventure! As a regular Hamish and Andy podcaster I can tell you it takes a little time to load sometimes. (If you click the blue link to the right of your chosen podcast it opens up a page with a quicktime bar and lets you listen on the web.) But if you rightclick/ctrl click for mac on the link you then have the option to save target/download link to somewhere on your computer to listen to later. What better way to look like a laughing lunatic on a train then to save it to your ipod!
ReplyDeleteHope that helps!
Felicity