Hmm I'm a bit of a fence-sitter on this subject.
I was really interested to read about Project Gutenberg. What a resource, at the hands of all those volunteers!
And I quite liked the LibriVox site. Volunteering to read is something that interests me, but not right now.
I have only downloaded one book - ever - onto my iPod. I took one of the Twilight books to listen to when on an overseas trip last year. I did listen to some when on the flights, but found myself reading REAL books more. I enjoyed listening to Twilight when I got home - when I was sewing or ironing or walking on the treadmill.
Personally, I love reading real books too much to bother downloading audiobooks.
At school it is becoming more and more of a hot topic. Our teacher librarians are talking more about the issue of having ebooks and audiobooks available for borrowing. I haven't yet entered the debate - partly because I feel so behind in technology that I have no idea how to get started.
This is step one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment